July 10, 2013
10 under $10: Best Drugstore Products
1. Maybelline Great Lash Lot of Lashes Mascara. This little tube is magical. While I sincerely dislike the original pink and green version of this I LOVE this particular re-vamp of the mascara. It makes you look like you have caterpillars on your eyes- in a good way. I have a tube of this in my bag and in my makeup drawer. (And a backup one just in case I lose the first two- that's how much I love this little gem). $5
2. Flower Easy On the Eyes Long Wear Eyeliner.
This is a great eyeliner. For a person who rarely wears eyeliner because it tends to smudge this is saying a lot. Read our full review here. $7
3. Revlon Just Bitten Lip stain. I've just discovered this lip stain and I've been loving it. It lasts for a long time. This particular lip stain has a balm on one end, because as lip stains tend to be a bit drying. I like that the color lasts for such a long time with no need to reapply. $7
4. Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder. As I have mentioned in our April Favorites, this product truly is a must for me. It keeps my makeup looking fresh and matte which especially important during summer. I just dust a little on top of my foundation. $4
5. Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow Mood Busting Blush. This is a great blush and I love its packaging. I'm not sure if my mood is boosted because of it, but it does give my face a nice natural color. I found this blush on a sale for $7, but regular prices run around $9.
6. Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Spray. Now that it is summer, more people are paying attention to sunscreen, which is great but we should always wear sunscreen. Those sunrays are present all year round. (Spoken like a true future scientist right?) I like using this spray one during summer, especially when I know I will be outside for a while, because it is so much easier to re-apply sunscreen in spray than one that is in a lotion form. $8
7. Suave Dry Shampoo with Keratin. Dry shampoo is such a time saver for both of us. We both have long hair and do not need to wash it more than 3 times a week. In between washes I like to 'refresh' my hair with some dry shampoo. My tip is to do it at night, because I always forget to comb through a couple spots and have some white residue. This way I can double check in the morning and fix the spots I missed. Plus this particular dry shampoo has keratin in it, which is a protein that keeps your hair healthier and stronger. $3
8. Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiance Gradual Tanner & Body Lotion. This is seriously the best gradual tanner lotion. I've used a few different ones over the years and I've always ended up with streaks and uneven unnatural tan. I like that this lotion gradually warms up your skin and leaves no streaks. Full review complete with pictures is coming soon. $7
9. Dove Revive Body Wash. I think Dove has the best smelling body washes. Most of the time I get bored with a body wash's smell after a few weeks because of their slightly sickly or synthetic smell. These washes are so natural smelling that I don't have a problem finishing the whole bottle. I do stop myself from purchasing exactly the same body wash again though- I like to keep some edginess in my life. ;) What makes them a winner is the fact that they are so moisturizing, $6
10. Essie Duo Nailpolish. This wouldn't be a complete list without nail polish. Both of us love nail polish. While we both love Essie, I don't particularly like the price of it. Our solution is to look through TJ. Maxx beauty section. There usually are some mini version, often duos, for less than 6$.
at 10:46 PM