May 21, 2013

Fun Ideas for Summer

Tell me I'm not the only one counting the days until summer. Let me introduce to you:
SUMMER, bucket list, summer 2013 ideas, summer fun, what to do during summer

Summer is riiiight around the corner. You can totally smell it if you live in Portland. The sun is out a lot more, flowers are blooming, and some men are even pulling out sandals out of their closets. Don't worry, no one is going to get a cold or sick, because they are still wearing socks (and probably will always be worn with sandals by some if not most men I see on my commute).

With summer, there comes an unlimited amount of time. Especially if you are graduating (like us) and there is no job waiting for you yet -fingers crossed though.  In order to not to spend most of my time wallowing in sadness of unemployment, I'd like to be proactive and have a few things to do this summer, which will most likely be the last carefree summer for the next few years. I'm bound to get a real job some time riiiight? ;)

New Places, summer fun, summer list, bucket list, summer 2013, fun, sun, beach, barbecue, read, picnic, things to do 
Here are a few of our ideas on how to make the most out of summer days:

1. Read books
2. Go on a picnic
3. Go to the beach
4. Road trip
5. Do a cartwheel
6. Volunteer
7. New coffee shop/bar
8. Go to a barbecue
9. Visit a friend you haven't seen in awhile
10. Go to a farmer's market
11. Find a great local band


Everyone has a list of books or shows or movies that they haven't had a chance to get to throughout the year and summer is the perfect time to catch up on that. I'll share my list in some other post because it's quite extensive. 

Points 2&3 are similar. I'm looking forward to wearing summer clothes, grabbing some friends and going to beautiful places of Portland to enjoy some sun and great company. 

Road trip. Clara and I have been talking about taking a trip to California for ages now. This summer seems like the perfect time to do it. I've never been there which is quite a shame since it's so close! 

Learn how to do a cartwheel. Now this little item has been on my bucket list ever since I remember. I honestly think that cartwheels are the epitome of a carefree summer.  

Volunteer. Share your time with others. There are so many amazing organizations that need helpers. You have quite a lot of time on your hands this summer, why not help some one?Plus it'll look great on your resume.

Discover a new coffee shop/bar. How fun is it to find a new place that no one knows about. One that has a fantastic atmosphere. You can read your books here or chat with a friend. Plus you might meet someone cute -- you  never know where the geek chic boys hang out. 

Go to a  barbecue. Barbecues are essential to a great summer in my opinion. So go to one. Wear a fabulous outfit and have fun. What would make a barbecue even better? A theme. Everyone dress up! 

See a friend you haven't seen in awhile. We all get busy. Summer days are longer or it seems like they are. So catch up with an old friend. You really do not know how much you've missed them until you talk with them for an hour and rediscover all your inside jokes. 

Go to a farmers market. You know what tastes like summer? Watermelon. Strawberries. Blackberries. Ok. You get the point. Go to your local farmer's market and buy fresh and delicious fruit and vegetables. Look at all the cute little trinkets that local artists are selling. Listen to some music. Walk around. Wear a floppy hat and strappy sandals and release your bohemian chic goddess. ;)
 
Discover a cool local band. Portland has one of the greatest music scenes there are in my humble opinion. At any night of the week there is a band playing somewhere near you. Make a point to go see as many shows as you can. Finding musicians that speak to you is one of the greatest feelings. Some of the concerts are outside so you can work on your tan as well. 

And most importantly continue the job search. An awesome opportunity is bound to arise so try and make a goal to send out a resume and a CV to at least two places a week.

What are your plans for the summer? Do you like any of our ideas?



Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Polyvore

*Photos are not mine*

14 comments:

  1. Going to watch local bands play is my favourite way to spend summer nights - with a drive around the countryside after - perfect! Such a great post - it really got me in the summer mood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove seeing bands play. :) I'm definately in a summer mood which makes concentrating on studying so much more difficult ;)

      -Natalia

      Delete
  2. Love this post, really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This such a great summer bucket list!! I always try to go on an amazing road trip every summer holidays <3

    http://sydneycorporate.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try but somehow I just end up not following through. :P But at least I usually see a lot of concerts.

      -Natalia

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, love yours! :) Just followed.

    xo, Ainslee

    abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome post! too bad its not summer where i live hahaha

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your summer list, if i get to do just half of that id be sooo happy. hope you have a great summer!

    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's what I'm shooting for. At least half of it :)

      -Natalia

      Delete
  7. Love your summer list! Love your blog!!
    Kiss, Nicole
    Hidden Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete