June 17, 2013
Relax, take it easy - How to de-stress
All of us have days where we just don't feel like we are on top of the world.
Here is how we deal with those days :
1. Empty your mind. Make a list of things to do. If you're feeling overwhelmed, write little steps that will get you to the main goal. 'Chemistry Final in 3 days!' - sounds terrifying- so break it down by writing a list for each day. 'Monday'-review chapters 3-4 by solving the end of the chapter problems, etc. Also, write down things that are making you miserable and how you can possibly resolve them, such as 'Need a job ASAP'-> find 2 possible job listings daily and send your resume to at least one a day.
The important thing is to make sure to list it ALL, or else you won't be able to relax.
2. Go for a walk. Listen to some music. Breathe. Look at the world around you.Exercise releases endorphins also known as happy chemicals. You do not have to run 5 miles to get that little boost of happiness; a walk around the block should do the trick. Extra oxygen to the brain helps too.
3. Drink some tea. Chamomile tea usually calms me down. It tastes delightful with a little vanilla or some honey. I read somewhere that drinking hot beverages makes you more likely to share things and be open. Which in this situation is a good idea, because in some cases talking about your problems helps a lot. Plus you might hear some good advice.
4. Soak in a bubble bath.I think that bubble baths help because it brings you back to the good old days of being a happy, carefree child.
5. Use some beauty products you haven't used before or ones that make you smile. I like discovering new products. Maybe this makes me superficial, but is there anything better than a lovely smelling body lotion or a great eye cream?
6. Paint your nails. Do I need to explain this one? It's just fun to pick out a color or draw a cool design. Even if you are not the greatest nail artist, focusing on small things such as fingernails for 20 minutes relaxes your brain.
7. Watch a comedy or a funny YouTube video. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
Overall, I think it is important to take a night off or even a few hours and just pamper yourself, because if you do not feel good about yourself then whatever you do will not refelect your awesomeness. It's so cliche but oh so true. I know when I'm stressed out I do not perform as well doing anything, whether its schoolwork or driving ;)
How do you relax? Do you have some advice for us?
Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Polyvore
at 4:46 PM