August 08, 2013

BFF Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



http://thenewsweethottness.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/tfios2.jpeg 
The inside cover:


“Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.”




My review:

I really liked "Looking For Alaska" by this author so I thought I might also like this book by the same author. I foudn my copy at the library and I happen to have a signed copy- if you'd like to see it I made a video on our Instagram.

This novel is about two teenagers that have cancer. Yes - the book is just as sad as it sounds. The author is brilliant though and makes this novel so refreshing to read. The main characters are full of charm and are filled with gut- wrenching humor. The book made me laugh and cry at the same time. I could not read this in public because I kept tearing up. Especially the last few chapters- that was just a not ending cry fest. It is a beautifully written book about Hazel and Augustus ( I LOVE their names). I really like how clever these characters were and how they chose to deal with hardships of life.I felt like the people in this book were real, as if they really were someone I know in real life. I loved how these characters dealt with life, whether it was a swing set they were not able to use anymore or writing an obituary .



Overall

If you would like to read a book that could make you rethink your life this one is definitely a front runner. Personally I would recommend this book to anyone. It is filled with everyday cleverness and brilliant writing. Just be forewarned you might cry a lot.



Some Memorable Quotes:

“I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace”--- When Augustus told Hazel about the return of his cancer.


" You say you're not special because the world doesn't know about you, but that's an insult to me. I know about you" --- When Hazel was writing an obituary.


" I bought them a minute. Maybe that's the minute that buys them an hour, which is the hour that buys them a year. No one's gonna buy them forever, Hazel Grace, but my life bought them a minute. And that's not nothing" ---Augustus




P.S. This book is being made into a movie, so watch for it in theaters. I just hope they don't ruin it too much. 



Have you read this book? 
 

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

5 comments:

  1. I'll keep an eye for the movie!
    Thanks for sharing!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only recently read 'Looking for Alaska' and really enjoyed Green's style of writing - I think I need to read this one! The plot of this reminds me of 'Before I die' by Jenny Downham - boy was that I tear jerker! I hardly ever cry at books and I was sobbing on my sun lounger when I read that one!

    Thanks for sharing - and making me want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, I waiting you on my blog

    http://miela-tahril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I HAVE TO READ THIS. Thanks for reviewing it!
    xxx

    http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in the process in reading this, you've encouraged me to keep reading :)

    check my blog out I have a book review on there as well as beauty reviews etc
    katiesworld-ofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete